Problems & questions on 2.5b1

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Problems & questions on 2.5b1

Post by *Flint »

1. Copyright year in the help file of 2.5b1 is old: 2005 instead of 2006.

2. In the history (inside of help file) it is said that new WebDAV plugin is supported. I think, it should be either specified where to download it, or the plugin should be easily accessed from ghisler.com. I found the download links here, on the forum, but I remembered that it was discussion about it some time ago. Other users may not know this fact.

3. Searching of Russian text in files does not work (non-Unicode). TC just finds nothing though the files are present. (This bug was present in 2.0, but I forgot to report about it).

4. Double-tap in edit-boxes does not select Russian words, but only two letters.

5. Is the plugin interface for TC/CE available for download anywhere? (like plugin interfaces for TC/PC)
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

One more point:

6. In history there is an item that a new internal command appeared: 40084 (Send via Bluetooth). It's not described in the help file. And I suppose, there are many other commands, as the last one present in the help is only 40029... (at least, I tried 40083 and it opened the Find Files dialog. ;) )
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

1. Will change, thanks!
2. I haven't found a good location yet where I could offer it for download, sorry.
3. TC/CE uses WideCharToMultiByte(CP_ACP,... to convert from Unicode to non-Unicode. Make sure that your current code page is set to Russian.
4. I have no influence on that, it's standard behaviour of edit boxes. Apparently the current locale settings don't recognize Russian characters as charcters.
5. No, I didn't have the time yet to document it. I can send you a .h file by e-mail of you want, though. Just contact me by e-mail.
6. Indeed not all commands are documented. I will consider to add them.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

2. Maybe, special page on ghisler.com? Or a separate section on the already existing plugins page...
3. Ok, I'll check that and report here.
4. That's a pity... :(
5. Ok, thanks!

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

4. That's a pity...
It should work too when you set locale to Russia.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Unfortunately, neither p.3 nor p.4 were fixed when I tested on the MS Device Emulator with 2003SE, after I set the Russian locale and soft resetted the system. :( When I'm home, I'll test it on my real PDA...

<Added>
I tested on my iPAQ 4150 with Russian MUI installed and Russian regional settings set. Unfortunately, behaviour is the same. :(