Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

[Beta2] Some points about languages

Post by *Flint »

:arrow: 1.
When I open the About box and select <download> from the list of languages, I get the message box informing me about the web-site I would connect to. This phrase is not translatable:
Get other languages from http://www.ghisler.com/celang.htm
Connect now?
The next warning is not translatable either:
This will close Total Commander/CE.
Please restart AFTER installing the new language!
BTW, the items <browse> and <download> themselves cannot be translated too. :) Or did I miss anything?..

:arrow: 2.
When I install some language via CAB-archive without closing TC, and then open the About box, I see that the new language is already selected, but all the interface is still in the previous language. When I press OK, TC does not change the interface language. I have to go to the About box, select some other language, press OK, then again go to the About box, select the just installed language and press OK. Too many actions. :)
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

When I open the About box and select <download> from the list of languages, I get the message box informing me about the web-site I would connect to. This phrase is not translatable:
This is intentional: Normally when you want to download a language, you don't have it yet, right? Therefore it makes no sense to translate the message with a language you probably don't know.
When I install some language via CAB-archive without closing TC, and then open the About box, I see that the new language is already selected, but all the interface is still in the previous language.
Indeed the installer of the language chooses the language. You need to close and re-open the commander to choose it.
When I press OK, TC does not change the interface language.
This happens because no change is detected...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

OK, I see. Thanks for the reply.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64