Breadcrumb suggestion

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

omdawe

Post by *omdawe »

I installed the latest one.. I did have a really old one.. (even looked up the problem on their website) But the "Window/Save Windows Position" is grayed out and i can´t click there!.. Is it not somewhere i can just add the setting i want in the ini file?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

OMG, where do you try to find "Save Position" command? You should use Configuration - Save Position IN TC MAIN MENU. Plugins of course don't know about TC quick-view settings.
omdawe

Post by *omdawe »

Hehe... sorry man.. now i got it!..Just a bit SBS here.. Tanx MVV.. Now its loud and clear!..How was it the 4th time is a charm? Tanx again..
omdawe

Post by *omdawe »

What do you guys think about the BCB drop down is showing the wrong folders?

What i mean is; If i go with the mouse over a folder should it show the next folders like is do now or the previous folders?

I think i would prefer previous folders.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

It shows the "current" directory that that folder is in. Not previous or next...Which to me makes sense.

I just wish there was a [*] button underneath the downArrow click, and when pressed it copies the whole AddressPath to clipboard -- Since it is difficult to slow-click-select it with the mouse now that there is a BCB.
omdawe

Post by *omdawe »

downArrow click, and when pressed it copies the whole AddressPath to clipboard -- Since it is difficult to slow-click-select it with the mouse now that there is a BCB.
For the copy the address "cm_CopyFullNamesToClip" i use CTRL+ALT+C so useful.. I just love when i need to save anything to the folder i´m in.. But i would like to have this function when your on ".." it copies the address up to that folder.. and not the error message "no files selected". I still digg your idea, about the * underneath neath...

What about a option what folder it should show in the BCB?.. in the ini file.. because i still feel its wrong.. i would like to go on the last folder and see all the folders on the folder that is under.. Now its like if i´m on the last folder, and its no more folders (underneath) , it don´t have a function.. Thats why i started having this feeling something is wrong..
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

What you say makes some sense as far as being able to config what pops up with the [down arrow], though not as much as far as clicking on the folder name itself - which no matter what should take you to that directory.
*BLINK* TC9 Added WM_COPYDATA and WM_USER queries for scripting.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

omdawe wrote:What i mean is; If i go with the mouse over a folder should it show the next folders like is do now or the previous folders?
I suggested this here:
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=21900
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Samuel wrote:I suggested this here:
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=21900
I agree with your suggestions. TC should open in drop-down menu upper-level folder, also according to this it should underline left slash (X:\Folder1\Folder2\) instead of right (X:\Folder1\Folder2\).

Yes, Explorer drop-down menu shows subfolders of folder after which [\] button was clicked but in TC drop-down menu opens not via [\] buttons but via [folder name] button, so it is logical to see here subfolders of parent folder. And if TC will underline folder with left slash, (X:\Folder1\Folder2\), it will match Explorer BCB behaviour.

Also I suggest to change displaying of current path in command-line: to show the first folders of current path when BCB is enabled. The reason: if I have long path, w/o BCB I see its first folders in path bar and its last folders in command-line bar. But with BCB I see last folders in both BCB and cmd-line path bar. So it is better to see in cmd-line path bar first folders of path.

I.e. I'm in folder "C:\Windows\winsxs\msil_system.data.linq.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7600.16385_ru-ru_3d6f6d6cba11e720":
BCB contents:            // wrote:< msil_system.data.linq.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7600.16385_ru >
Current cmd-line path contents:            // wrote:5c561934e089_6.1.7600.16385_ru-ru_3d6f6d6cba11e720>
Wanted cmd-line path contents:            // wrote:F:\Windows\winsxs\msil_system.data.linq.resources_b77 >
I already see last folders in path bar and I want to see another path part. :)

I think '>' symbol may be drawn via label or some new panel, and text in command-line path panel may be aligned to left (if I have BCB turned off, text may be aligned to right as usually).

Or maybe it is good to add ini-setting to switch cmd-line path text alignment (also it is good to change this alignment via mouse click on cmd-line path panel).