Total Commander 6.01 beta 2 available (public beta)

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ay222

Post by *ay222 »

haram wrote:
ghisler(Author) wrote:2haram
I did consider to store the Ctrl+B status per tab, but I decided not to do it, because reading Ctrl+B can be very time-consuming, so switching tabs could become very slow.
it could be left as it was without re-reading file list. e.g. if we flattern the view, then switch to other application and then switch back, the list remains flat, and (as it seems to me) directory structure isn't re-read. the same could have taken place when switching between tabs...
2haram
it is seems to me because i have some programming experience, there are Only two file list (Left and Right) and swiching between tabs simply change the folder path of the file list that belong to this tab. So if you wish to store the Ctrl+B status we must have more than two file list (one for each tab) and this may be consume the system resource.

is that right Mr. Ghisler?

Thanks
graver

Post by *graver »

2Ghisler: What operating system do you use? I ask, because i have been told that there is no archive-bug on Win2000, and confirmed that it exists on Win98 and WinXP.
ay222

Post by *ay222 »

graver wrote:2Ghisler: What operating system do you use? I ask, because i have been told that there is no archive-bug on Win2000, and confirmed that it exists on Win98 and WinXP.
2graver
May be he using Windows ME, because the archive bug "Error excuting program" i confirmed it with WinXP but never with WinME.

and i had test your theory with XP by associating the extention (txt_test)
with notepad then packed a file with this extention and opened it by "Unpack and excute" the file opened in notepad without any problem.

So your theory seems to be right.

Thanks.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

graver wrote:2Ghisler: What operating system do you use? I ask, because i have been told that there is no archive-bug on Win2000, and confirmed that it exists on Win98 and WinXP.
I confirm it. I have the same problem on Windows XP but not on Windows 2000.
packy

button misbehaviour

Post by *packy »

the forward and backward buttons seem to
interpret fast clicks as dblclicks which slows down
moving through directories

guess they should only receive and process buttonup events
ntz

Post by *ntz »

haram wrote:yes, and it is so in case of switching between apllications. if it works this way, why not to do the same for tabs?
It works, but not thanks to TC - it does not change anything, because it doesn't do anything. In this case TC would have to re-read directory every time it gets focus back...
MxxCon

Post by *MxxCon »

2ghisler(Author)
any (good) news regarding file compare problem i reported a while ago?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2graver
Yes, I use Win2k. Could it be a bug in ShellExecuteEx of WinXP? This would surprise me very much...
any (good) news regarding file compare problem i reported a while ago?
Sorry, I don't have the overview of what you mean. Could you write in the thread in which you reported it? This should move the thread up in the list.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
graver

Post by *graver »

I tested english version of win98 and didn't find this execute-from-archive bug. So now I think this bug is somehow linked with localized version of windows and support of extended symbol set in filenames. (ANSI for Win9x ). Dunno if Win2k using Unicode for filenames, but if its true, it may be interesting.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

white wrote:The tab key does not work like supposed to in the Configuration dialogs.

I have done some testing and here are the results.
The radio buttons all have the same problem. To fix it in Delphi set TabStop to false for all radio buttons (that's also the default value).

Layout
Display
:arrow: radio buttons!
Font
Color
:arrow: "Cursor font" has no tab stop
:arrow: tab order not correct "Others" moved up, but tab order is not adjusted
:arrow: it is not visible when checkbox before "Define colors by file type" has focus (add text: "Enable color by file type")
Tabstops
Folder Tabs
Language
Operation
:arrow: "Panels (brief full etc.)" has no tab stop
Edit/View
Copy/Delete
:arrow: "Use copy+paste cia Explorer" has no tab stop
FTP
Packer
:arrow: tab order not correct "TAR" moved up, but tab order is not adjusted
Zip packer
:arrow: tab order in "Additional Settings" should be from top to bottom and then form left to right (that is the way it usually is)
Misc
Some things are fixed in 6.01, other things are not.

The tab key does not work like supposed to in the Configuration dialogs.
The radio buttons mentioned below all have the same problem. Only hitting the tab key can change the selected option.
To fix the radio buttons, in Delphi's design mode set TabStop to false for all radio buttons (that's also the default value).

Layout
Display
Font
Color
:arrow: ">>" button after "Cursor font" is not disabled when not applicable (when the inverted cursor is not used)
:arrow: it is not visible when checkbox before "Define colors by file type" has focus (add text: "Enable color by file type")
Tabstops
Folder Tabs
:arrow: input box for the tab length limit is not disabled when not applicable (when "Limit tab length to:" is unchecked)
Language
Operation
:arrow: checkbox "DOS charset" is not disabled when not applicable (when type "files.bbs" is selected)
Edit/View
Copy/Delete
:arrow: I think the radio button "Also use big file copy mode" is better of being a checkbox
:arrow: input box "The following drive letters are on the same physical harddisk" is not disabled when not applicable
:arrow: "Use copy+paste via Explorer (only in case of copy problems)" can be mistakenly read as: let Total Commander try it's internal copy method first, if that fails let Total Commander try copy+paste via Explorer. Inserting the word "select" before the word "only" might prevent confusion.
FTP
Packer
Zip packer
:arrow: tab order in "Additional Settings" should be from top to bottom and then form left to right (that is the way it usually is)
Misc
ssuuddoo

error executing program

Post by *ssuuddoo »

I have repeated all your steps and still got "Error executing program".
Dunno why this happens, but i have experienced this bug on all wincmd versions on win9x and winXP.

Maybe it's a problem of the called program returning an error although there is no error? Does it work when you associate it with notepad?
this problem occours on my comp only when launching shortcuts - *.lnk files from the total commander. on doubleclick it just says: Error executing program. When I rightclick it and choose the first (default) option, than it normaly executes the linked application.
I do not know, where is the problem. And IMHO is the association in this case not the correct answer.

:o)

thanx :D
ssuuddoo
Slovakia
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Re: error executing program

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

ssuuddoo wrote:
I have repeated all your steps and still got "Error executing program".
Dunno why this happens, but i have experienced this bug on all wincmd versions on win9x and winXP.

Maybe it's a problem of the called program returning an error although there is no error? Does it work when you associate it with notepad?
this problem occours on my comp only when launching shortcuts - *.lnk files from the total commander. on doubleclick it just says: Error executing program. When I rightclick it and choose the first (default) option, than it normaly executes the linked application.
I do not know, where is the problem. And IMHO is the association in this case not the correct answer.
Sorry but these are the default win-error-messages when the associations are messed up :P
Hoecker sie sind raus!
Sven

Re: error executing program

Post by *Sven »

ssuuddoo wrote: this problem occours on my comp only when launching shortcuts - *.lnk files from the total commander. on doubleclick it just says: Error executing program. When I rightclick it and choose the first (default) option, than it normaly executes the linked application.
Make sure that the shortcut overlays (arrows) are not disabled or hided.
ssuuddoo

Post by *ssuuddoo »

ok. thanx for a reeeeeeeeealy quick answer.

I reinstalled the TotalCmd 6.51 and it works now.

bajbaj
ssuuddoo
Slovakia