moderation please!

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mastabog

Post by *mastabog »

I followed most of this quarrel out of fun (nothing more) from also other threads for some time now; it *is* a quarrel after all, no matter how diplomatic everyone tries to be (some try really hard, you can tell, congrats). And basically it's about 1 (one) single guy. That is amazing ... if he has any merit in all this, it's that he succeeded (quite well actually) to stir up the crowd, unfortunately by using the easiest and most usual method there is.

There are some posts by norfie which really should be quoted and put as "nasty behavior that will get you banned" pinned topics on most public forums out there. Yet there are other posts also by him like:
norfie wrote:2CoMiKe
CoMiKe wrote:Reading Norfie's posts, I start thinking if a subscription to this forum is really worth enough for not insulting him...
I mean, I wouldn't mind if I'm "officially warned" by the fact of insulting Norfie. It's the natural reaction of a human after reading his posts.
Do anybody think that anybody is able to insult me (in this forum)??? ROTFLBTCACGU
If anybody think he have got a fool's licence for insulting another members, he makes fool of himself only.
<with shakes of the head>
... and i do try to rein in my impulse, really, but wth, everyone's thinking it ... norfie, you are one d**b m****r f****r ... if you know what i mean. Don't do your best when replying to this post, just be yourself.

And just like CoMiKe's post above that he quoted, which in fact is very represantative for this guy's behavior, i don't mind nor care being warned or kicked off this board. I'll pay that price gladly for all the fun i had reading all posts and even writing these few lines.

p.s. @norfie ... your english is sometimes awful, far worse than you suggest others' should be. Note that this is one aspect you *still* can improve unlike your manners.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

ghisler(Author) wrote: Since I'm currently the only moderator, I'm sending you an official warning: I will not longer tolerate insults against other members. "Trottel" (idiot) is clearly such an offence. I also don't like that you constantly try to provoke other members.
Fine.
So in the end it looks like we can sort out things without (additional) moderators. After all I wasn't quite sure that all members were treaten equally.

Now I can also accept the 'official warning' of icfu. Although I'm convinced that it had not been neccessary if the 'warning' to norfie had come in time.

2@ghisler
Still I hope that we get soon the 'blacklist' feature (as
mentioned in the german thread). I think it would be useful sometimes.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
nevidimka

Post by *nevidimka »

The rabble won and the rabble-rousing should be stopped. If you want to know what the consequences of your actions are, then all of you should read the book "The Wave" by Morton Rhue.

I'm curious which member will be victimized next.
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance. Benjamin Franklin
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 13:02 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

@norife
If you feel insulted I recommend a complaint via email to support@ghisler.com.
Otherwise your posting could regarded by someone as another provocation - while I'm convinced this is not what you want.

2all
I think we shouldn't continue this 'quarrel' - we should use our time for more productive things.

sheepdogl
Last edited by Sheepdog on 2004-08-27, 08:04 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Adams
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 13:02 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Sheepdog wrote:@norife
2all
I think we shouldn't continue this 'quarrel' - we should use our time for more productive things.
True... true... true...
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Wilhelm M.
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Wilhelm M. »

:( Sigh...

I tried to give the discussion another tone because disgust (or even hatred?) are'nt good advisors. Obviously, I failed.

As far as I am concerned I will take norfies acceptance serious. He has accepted to stop provoking other members AND to concentrate on helping users with TC. That's enough.

Only naive guys (like me) could have hoped that he would also see his errors in his quarrel with icfu, but this is obviously not the case.

(Besides, I wonder how norfie would behave if icfu re-joined the forum. How long would it take until he forgot his promise... :wink: )
Grüße/Regards,
Wilhelm
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

Wilhelm M. wrote:(Besides, I wonder how norfie would behave if icfu re-joined the forum. How long would it take until he forgot his promise... :wink: )
If he would forget, it were up to us to remember him uninvolved, I think.

And maybe the above mentioned 'blöacklist' would help.

sheepdog
Douglas Adams
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 13:08 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wilhelm M.
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Wilhelm M. »

norfie wrote:2Wilhelm M.
2Sheepdog
Does that mean that you count me among your "enemies"? You're wrong. Besides, as you stated in the German forum, I do not understand German.

Edit: seems that I am a real chatterbox. I said, I accept norfies promises and that should be enough. Stop. End.
Grüße/Regards,
Wilhelm
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

To all beta testers of Total Commander: I have just installed an "ignore user" MOD to the beta tester forum. Please try it if you have some time left. I plan to add it to this forum when it works OK. The MOD does the following:
1. It adds a button "ignore" to the left of the "profile" button.
2. When the ignore button is clicked, the user ID is added to a blacklist.
3. Instead of the user's post you will then only see "you are ignoring this user".
3. Below is an "unignore" button which allows to show the posts again.

You can find the MOD described here:
simple ignore mode
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Clo

If activated…

Post by *Clo »

2ghisler(Author)
:) Good evening,
- That sounds good, thanks.
I'll test it … as soon as my account shall be activated !  :P

:mrgreen:  Best regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2ghisler(Author)
ghisler(author) wrote: Eine Ignoreliste wäre wie schon hier diskutiert keine Lösung, weil die Postings ja auch "gequotet" wieder auftauchen können.
ghisler(author) translated wrote: An ignore list which has been discussed here many times here won't be a solution, because these postings could reappear quoted.
Hello, why have you changed your mind? Your argument against a blacklist is absolutely right.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

Lefteous wrote:Hello, why have you changed your mind? Your argument against a blacklist is absolutely right.
I asked once again for a blacklist and @ghisler gave eventually in because if it doesn't help it wouldn't do any harm.

sheepdog
Douglas Adams