Background image in TC

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Aussie

Background image in TC

Post by *Aussie »

Hi guys and girls,

Anyone knows if it is possible (maybe a plugin) to set a background image for a folder under TC? It is possible to do it with Explorer but TC does not take the settings...

Cheers!
Greetings from Down Under!
zhv

Post by *zhv »

Fuction I dreamed of ~~~~
The present single-colored background feels dull somehow.

At least the suggestion on "Alternate color for every other line" mode is not bad.
(For details on TC Wiki:

http://www.ghisler.ch/wiki/index.php/Alternate_color_for_every_other_line)
Last edited by zhv on 2006-04-06, 06:53 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Background image in TC

Post by *Sheepdog »

Aussie wrote:Anyone knows if it is possible (maybe a plugin) to set a background image for a folder under TC?
No, sorry, this is not possible currently.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

And i hope,that it will never possible. OS must be OS,and filemanager must be filemanager,not multimedia centre.
Sorry. Just IMHO.
zhv

Post by *zhv »

Postkutscher wrote:OS must be OS,and filemanager must be filemanager,not multimedia centre.
Yes, you're right,
but if the author would do the mercy to give an optional function to this, then everyone here would be happy.
In that case, one can DIY which style he likes,
just like that you can make a choice on whether your XP OS should be "classic style" ,"XP style" , or even other styles via StyleXP/Windowsblinds.

And it seems no much technically difficulty to achieve this function, I think.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

This may be of interest for you.
BTW sometimes it could be useful to use the search.

sheepdog
Douglas Adams
krstatzar

Post by *krstatzar »

zhv wrote:
Postkutscher wrote:OS must be OS,and filemanager must be filemanager,not multimedia centre.
Sorry. Just IMHO.
Yes, you're right,
but if the author would do the mercy to give an optional function to this, then everyone here would be happy.
In that case, one can DIY which style he likes,
just like that you can make a choice on whether your XP OS should be "classic style" ,"XP style" , or even other styles via StyleXP/Windowsblinds.

And it seems no much technically difficulty to achieve this function, I think.
Cheers mate , absolutely agree :lol:
I mean it would great to have a choice I support baground image idea and I want it badly. Too bad that people who can code plugins always make something funcional (don`t get me wrong) I like most of the plug-ins but users lack more esthetical plugins :lol:
I know I`ll be flamed now but go ahead :lol:
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

No, he is not right.

People have different meanings for organisation and if that includes background pictures nobody should be against that just because he don't like that.

And like we said zillion times, all new things, options etc.. that can be configurable will surely be, so please skip those egoistic mumblings since new option will surely be off by default.
Habemus majkam!
fedor55

Post by *fedor55 »

first: who defined this sad strong spoken rule, that filemanager cannot contain some visual enhancements (i.e. background image)?
second: IMHO image in background is great idea, and if it is configurable / switchable on/off - it is only plus for the software
third: is some wishlist available somewhere here on ghisler.com? i wish a wishlist first and a background image thereafter! :)
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

krstatzar wrote:I know I`ll be flamed now but go ahead :lol:
Yeah, flame, flame, flame against those heretic thoughts. ;) :lol:
fedor55 wrote:first: who defined this sad strong spoken rule, that filemanager cannot contain some visual enhancements (i.e. background image)?
Main reason to be quoted will be probably speed. But IMHO if a background pic slows TC to much down one may it disable.
fedor55 wrote:third: is some wishlist available somewhere here on ghisler.com? i wish a wishlist first and a background image thereafter! Smile
@Ghisler reads this forum frequently and puts request (that he considers to be useful) to it's own wishlist. But if you want to be sure your wish is not forgotten you may add it in the Wiki .

sheepdog
Douglas Adams
Clo

And CLEAR !

Post by *Clo »

2Sheepdog

:) Hello Stefan !
Main reason to be quoted will be probably speed. …
• Indeed, but also I guess that a file-manager might remain a tool clear and easy to read !
- Moreover, using the great feature “Colours by file-types”, a pic as a background doesn't help…
- I would bet that whether such a cosmetic should exist, even those grousing currently against this lack would disable it a week later ( maybe sooner…). :P

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Sam_Zen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sam_Zen »

2Clo
Quite rightly so..
Xtrician

Post by *Xtrician »

2Aussie
This feature already says here.
Its not possible at this moment and there isnt a plugin for it.
Maybe it will be in TC 7, i dont know.

But i think you can to make TC transparent. Take a search for it on the forum you will find how to do it.
Elad
krstatzar

Post by *krstatzar »

I don`t like transparency never found it usefull.
Don`t know really who would use a beach image as a TC background `coz it would really get with readability and clearity but a nice descrete image would be cool ,I really like that every other line in different color like in my Foobar :lol: so that would be acceptable compensation :lol:
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Indeed, but also I guess that a file-manager might remain a tool clear and easy to read !
- Moreover, using the great feature “Colours by file-types”, a pic as a background doesn't help…
- I would bet that whether such a cosmetic should exist, even those grousing currently against this lack would disable it a week later ( maybe sooner…).
0. Easy to read - that is relative term. I like black background but some other people don't like that color at all.
2. Nobody said that background should be fixed.
Look @ Explorer. You could set just for some of the folders so speed is not affected for all others
--

I really miss some advanced organisating features. I don't know why should I be sticked to organisation presented on file system. I should be able to do all sort of things like, combining folders, remembering view settings for all times, calling this view settings back. CTRL + B is only advanced feature that will impose new structure different then that presented on file system. We need more customizastion of view's in TC. I want my mp3 folders always to show some columns and some other folders some other columns, and some other default, etc... (without AHK). The background image should be just one small part of view customization.
Habemus majkam!