[OT]what is freeware

Post by *majkinetor ! »

[mod]
thread has been splittet from http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=10909

sheepdog (Moderator)
[/mod]

UTC Editors are freeware
Freeware? Please explain?
I got 1|2|3 box as I start it. That means it is not freeware, but shareware. It doesn't mean anything that you can use it unlimited time, you still have the box. The nice way is to ask from people money once, probably via About box and be quiet after that.

Its not about the program. Program is good and useful and it looks nice. It is about principle. I can't beleive that you, SheepDog, are on the side of this rubbish behavior. There are many people out there who created programs without witch you couldn't be able to use computer normaly. Take CLCL for example: about 10 years of work for free. State-of-the-art software - I would pay the guy nontheless.

But to ask for the money for something as simple as reading from 1 ini file and creating nice images around those information.... you don't wanna know what I really think.
Habemus majkam!
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

2m
It is like TC. You can deny paying, but you'll have a nagscreen. You'll see nagscreens only in such utilities from the package you use most.
you don't wanna know what I really think.
Just write a freeware alternative for ALL the utilities from the package... & stop complaining on this :wink:
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

2XPEHOPE3KA
Its funny, X, sometimes I think you are very cool guy, sometimes I think you are just a kid (like you are), and yet sometimes, like this time, an complite idiot.

Why should I wirte alternatives to all utilities. Are you insane ? I am talking about free software and about people having other guides in life except the money. And what are you doing ? Telling me to chilout a little ? Telling me that I shold support this crap ?

People from your country created zillions of useful and much complex plugins then this app is, and still, they are giving it for free... and with your words, you are acctualy shit on your own brothers.
Habemus majkam!
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

an complite idiot.
Those words are preatty common here, in Belgrade. Don't take it to seriously. We fun like that here...
Habemus majkam!
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

2m
Where the hell I've told that you'll support that crap??? :shock:

(AFAIK, ts4242 is from India)
You know what, BOY: UltraTCEditors' author is from India. This is a country #1 in offshore programming, but one of the reasons for it is that they ask much less money for their work! Therefore ordinary programmers receive much less money than their collegues from other countries do.

So, it's not surprisingly that ts4242 wants some money...

So, what I was speaking about: if you don't like that software (Ultra TC Editors) for that nagscreen only, you should create an alternative. Why did you said that it will support "this crap"??? The only thing it (your possibly done alternative) will support is rivalship :wink:
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

majkinetor ! wrote:
an complite idiot.
Those words are preatty common here, in Belgrade. Don't take it to seriously. We fun like that here...
From this I can deduce that Belgrade is populated by complete idiots :wink: (if those words are so common :shock:). Oh... & don't get it too seriously, Ok?
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

From this I can deduce that Belgrade is populated by complete idiots
Correct !
ts4242 is from India
so ?
Habemus majkam!
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

2majkinetor !
so ?
I've told you, what is "so".

You've NOT answered my question: who did you come to the thought that you'll be supporting that crap if you'll write an alternative?
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Never mind.... you obviously need more time to think about things. It has to do nothing about alternatives or what I am doing now. It is about principle ! Got it ?

P R I N C I P L E !

And this one sucks, be it India, Germany or Maboombbooo village at the center of nowhere
Habemus majkam!
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

2majkinetor !
Don't mind... That app covers my needs. I use it seldom, so the nagscreen doesn't make me angry. But I know it wasn't hard to write such a software, so I've not paid for it yet.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

majkinetor ! wrote:
UTC Editors are freeware
Wikipedia wrote: The only criterion for being classified as "freeware" is that the software must be made available for use for an unlimited time at no cost. The software license may impose other restrictions that limit the user's freedom.
majkinetor ! wrote: I got 1|2|3 box as I start it.
Despite I have no problem with a 1 2 3 box (I used Windows Commander for quite a couple of years with the box and it never occured to me to search for a crack) I have never seen this box.

The early versions hadn't such a screen, only a message at first start. And I found this Suite so useful that I wanted to show my gratitude and made a donation. I got a registration code and thus the 123 box never popped up here.

majkinetor ! wrote:That means it is not freeware, but shareware. It doesn't mean anything that you can use it unlimited time, you still have the box. The nice way is to ask from people money once, probably via About box and be quiet after that.
I can see your point although I do not agree. But there will be no need to argue about this because I'm pretty sure that none of us will convince the other.
majkinetor ! wrote:Its not about the program. Program is good and useful and it looks nice.
Nice that you state this.
majkinetor ! wrote: It is about principle......
But to ask for the money for something as simple as reading from 1 ini file and creating nice images around those information.... you don't wanna know what I really think.
Yep, different opinions.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Wikipedia wrote
I am going to edit this page :lol:

2X
Please send me some money, I am from Belgrade !
I mean, I dont have to do anything, the plain fact that I live in Belgrade should be enogh for every merciful human being.
SheepDog wrote:But there will be no need to argue about this because I'm pretty sure that none of us will convince the other
Exactly.
Now, send me some money, I am from Belgrade. :lol:
Habemus majkam!
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

2m
You've done a little for TC to ask me (& any other here) for money. :lol:
BTW, there are no alternative for those UltraTCEditors at this time. This means that everyone is satisfied with them :wink:
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

I have a new definition:

Extortionware
Freeware programs that use extortion to obtain money from its users.
Habemus majkam!
JP

Post by *JP »

majkinetor ! wrote:I have a new definition:

Extortionware
Freeware programs that use extortion to obtain money from its users.
That's funny... :D :D