[WLX] fileinfo 2.23 x32/x64 (May 2017)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Strogg

Post by *Strogg »

2fg_2002fr
what is the problem ? isn't this the normal behavior of the F3 button
That's the point. I can open new window for the selected dll by clicking F3 on function key bar, but can't do the same just pressing F3. So it is logical to assume that if it works through the key bar it also should do the same pressing the F3 button :)
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I can't understand too. If I focus DLL/EXE and press F3 key on keyboard N times, TC will open N-th Lister windows with active FileInfo plugin. Same thing if I click 'F3 View' button in F-keys bar.
Strogg

Post by *Strogg »

2MVV
Please read my post on the previous page. Keyboard key doesn't opens new windows showing the error message instead, but click does. Isn't it strange? If that function is incompatible with TC7.56a it shouldn't work anyway.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

I've updated FileInfo and tested it. F3 key works fine in both TC8 and TC7.56a (tested x86 versions), it works even in TC7.50a. OS is Win7x64.

But I still don't understand how can you click F3 button on function key bar - it belongs to TC and can't be used for opening module views from plugin (it can only open focused files in TC panel but not files that are selected in plugin window).
Strogg

Post by *Strogg »

I have WinXP SP3 (x86 version) and it doesn't work for me :( I didn't try it with TC8.
But I still don't understand how can you click F3 button on function key bar - it belongs to TC and can't be used for opening module views from plugin (it can only open focused files in TC panel but not files that are selected in plugin window).
Nevertheless I can do it. I just select the desired DLL in tab window and then click F3 key on Fkey bar of TC and new Fileinfo window opens. What do I do wrong?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Yes, new window with FileInfo opens (as I said before, I can click that button N times and I'll get N windows with FileInfo). But which file will it open? It will open file that is focused in TC panel, but not that one that you've selected in FileInfo.
Strogg

Post by *Strogg »

But which file will it open? It will open file that is focused in TC panel, but not that one that you've selected in FileInfo.
Yes, new windows belong to the same selected file. Honestly, I don't understand the purpose of that function. I've just pointed that it doesn't work both way.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

New function of FileInfo allows to open FileInfo for another DLL (that is listed in import/export or dependency window), and it is very convenient in case if you need to view that file's info.

Howerver for mouse users I think it would be useful to have context menu with 'View\tF3' command in import/export or dependency windows of plugin.

Also it would be great to learn FileInfo to do long-standing operations (like initial dumping or scanning for dependencies) in a separate process and do not freeze TC.
Strogg

Post by *Strogg »

Thanks for the clarification. The function is really useful. Just wonder why it doesn't work for me( Will try to test it on another computer with the same OS.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Strogg,
Just tested it under Windows XP SP3 (in virtual machine) - it warns that is unable to find %commander_exe% variable.

So it really needs TC8 and not newer Windows since envvar %commander_exe% is new in TC8 (it points to TC's executable file).

Ah, now I understood why it worked for me in TC 7.56a. I started it from TC8, so envvar %commander_exe% was in environment.

fg_2002fr,
I checked command line for newly opened Lister and found an extra space which shouldn't be there:

Code: Select all

"E:\TOTALCMD\TOTALCMD.exe" /S=L " C:\Windows\system32\msvcrt.dll"
You can see a space just after opening quote of file path. It should be removed from command line.
exe-111

Post by *exe-111 »

Fileinfo new version 2.21 crash with an error on the files from the distribution Total Commander UNACEV2.DLL and FRERES32.DLL. Fileinfo v.2.20 is free of this bug.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Fileinfo new version 2.21 crash with an error on the files from the distribution Total Commander UNACEV2.DLL and FRERES32.DLL. Fileinfo v.2.20 is free of this bug.
Already reported here: http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=240477#240477
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
gora

Post by *gora »

The text file in the coding of 1251 following maintenance

Code: Select all

работает ключ
on F3 opens a plug-in of FileInfo v2.21 and certainly what "reasonable" information doesn't show, as, it is the simple text file. It is interesting, why such text misleads him?

TC b25 x64, FileInfo x64
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

2gora
confirmed, v.2.20 does the same
Ukrainian Total Commander Translator. Feedback and discuss.
fg_2002fr

Post by *fg_2002fr »

to gora

the beginning of this text corresponds to the signature of an OMF library. I will correct it in the next release.