scrolling with margin

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

agostone

scrolling with margin

Post by *agostone »

hi

it would be nice to have the cursor an adjustable margin at the tops and bottoms of the listboxes.

for example when i scroll down in a dir with lots of files, the cursor goes down only to the last - Nth item in the listbox and keeps scrolling this way, so i can see when i have to stop scrolling if i'm looking for a file before i reach it with the cursor.
when the bottom/top of the listbox is reached, the cursor ignores the margin so i can reach the last/first file in the dir with it.

yes, there's the quick search, but if i don't know the file's name i'm looking for, i just scroll up/down until i find it, and with an adjustable margin a scrolling search for a file would be much more comfortable.

and thaks for total commander, i could not live without it. :)
Slavic

Post by *Slavic »

It's a common interface problem: how to tell user that current first/last position in the visible list is the first/last position in the entire list? In Explorer (and some others programs) an additional empty string is added after the last line, if current position is at the list buttom. However, nothing added at the top in first position. I think that same or similar approach could be also used in TC, no special adjustable margin needed.