Question about Directory Hotlist

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Gerry Busch

Question about Directory Hotlist

Post by *Gerry Busch »

Is there any particular reason why the directory hotlist sometimes pops up in two columns instead of one? I never have enough entries in the list to extend beyond a single column.

I can't reproduce this behavior at will -- it happens on random occasions.

Judging by the occasional display anomalies I get in some other 3rd-party apps caused by the VGA display in my Axim x51v, I thought that might be the culprit here, as well.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

TC Pocket calculates the hight of the screen and of a single menu item, and then decides whether it has to show one or two columns. I can only guess that it is getting bad values back from the system.

Btw, how is the Axim x51v? I'm considering to buy one (second hand) because it seems to be the only Windows Mobile 5 device which has both a VGA screen and a compactflash slot (to use a CD Ethernet adapter, I do not use WLAN for security reasons). Can you recommend it?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Gerry Busch

Post by *Gerry Busch »

ghisler(Author) wrote: Btw, how is the Axim x51v? I'm considering to buy one (second hand) because it seems to be the only Windows Mobile 5 device which has both a VGA screen and a compactflash slot (to use a CD Ethernet adapter, I do not use WLAN for security reasons). Can you recommend it?
I'm very pleased with the X51v, and can recommend it, but bear in mind that this is only the 2nd PDA I've used. The 1st one, an HP Jornada, gave me nothing but trouble after a year had passed and the warranty had expired. It died altogether within 2 years.

Most of the software I ran on the Jornada, which used a StrongArm processor, also runs on the X51v, which is an XScale device. The VGA makes for really good display clarity, but the occasional 3rd-party app, esp. if it's a few years old, doesn't like VGA too much.

As for wireless, I'm posting this via Wi-Fi at the moment, but sometimes I access the cable internet on my partner's PC via ActiveSync, as the signal is often intermittent here (free Wi-Fi provided by the landlord).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for sharing your experience with the X51v!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com