Some cm_ShowOnlySelected suggestions

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Some cm_ShowOnlySelected suggestions

Post by *MVV »

I think it won't hurt:

1. To unmark all items after using cm_ShowOnlySelected to allow user to work with items as usual, w/o having to unmark items manually.
2. To add some visual thing to see when cm_ShowOnlySelected applied. Maybe to add something to path line (for example, was "C:\Windows\*.exe", use cm_ShowOnlySelected and see "C:\Windows\*.exe ||").

Also for "search result" after "feed to listbox" is better to show search path and search request in path bar instead of tab title and drive combo bar - path bar have much empty space for useful info when using "feed to listbox". For example, according to suggestion 2, path line may be follow: "C:\Windows || *.exe" or "c:\windows\temp; e:\temp || *.tmp". I think it would be nice.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Plz tell your opinion, mr. Anyone. :)

In TC 7.5 it is possible (and very useful) to show quick filter icon when Show only selected is used because it is also a quick filter.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2MVV
Are you sure that "Show only selected" state is indicated? I can't see that.

I agree that it could be shown somehow that you're viewing selected files only. That way it would be more consistent with other methods of filtering (either QuickSearch or Custom filter).

cm_ShowOnlySelected should also be toggleable like cm_SwitchHidSys IMHO.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I didn't say that cm_ShowOnlySelected is indicated. I want it to be indicated.
Currently only quick filter has indication. Cause cm_ShowOnlySelected is similar to quick filter, I think quick filter icon may be used for cm_ShowOnlySelected indication. I think this indication will be better than toggleable button for cm_ShowOnlySelected cause QF icon has constant place in TC interface (even separate for each panel).
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

I'd like options to make both those filtertypes better

Agree++ an icon could be shown for Selected file filter, prefer if it was different colour,
Only QuickFilter: Red Arrow
Only SelectFilter: Green
Both used: Red
*BLINK* TC9 Added WM_COPYDATA and WM_USER queries for scripting.
StatusQuo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StatusQuo »

MVV wrote:1. To unmark all items after using cm_ShowOnlySelected to allow user to work with items as usual, w/o having to unmark items manually.
Not sure about this: Now you can use it incrementally -
mark all, exclude some files (via filter etc.), cm_ShowOnlySelected.
While checking the resulting file list you can repeat this until you excluded all unwanted files from display. It's useful that the files stay marked for this.
MVV wrote:2. To add some visual thing to see when cm_ShowOnlySelected applied. Maybe to add something to path line (for example, was "C:\Windows\*.exe", use cm_ShowOnlySelected and see "C:\Windows\*.exe ||").
Support.
BTW, QuickFilter is indicated in status line where I hardly notice it.
This would also be better in the path line, IMO.
Who the hell is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
-- TC starter menu: Fast yet descriptive command access!