Zip won't be created on Pulpit/My Documents.

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

_Jan_

Zip won't be created on Pulpit/My Documents.

Post by *_Jan_ »

Hello

It is probably a consequence of earlier described problem with zip files.

Steps:
- go to Desktop via the breadcrumb bar
- press Tab to go to opposite file list
- press Alt+F5 on file pack it - You will get error:"Error writing new zip file. disk may be full!"

Windows XP SP3, TC 7.50PB3

BR,
Jan
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Jan.

Confirmed. No problem whatsoever reproducing the reported behaviour at will. :)
Yet, this is no issue introduced in T.C. 7.50 PB3. It has been this way in T.C. 7.04a and very likely ever since T.C. can jump to the virtual folders like "Desktop", "My documents", "My Pictures" etc pp.
I.e. T.C. does not support using these virtual folders too well, to put it nicely.

Workaround:
Instead of going to "\\Desktop" go to "%Userprofile%\Desktop". The difference can be seen inside the address bar: "\\Desktop" vs. "C:\documents and settings\<username>\Desktop".
Creating a ZIP-files inside the (real) folder "%Userprofile%\Desktop" will work.

Kind regards,
Karl
--
P.S.:
Your title talks about "My Documents". The report is about "Desktop", however. Note that "Desktop" and "My Documents" do not have much more in common than this: they are virtual folders. They both point to different real folders, though. You should not mix them up, please.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, many operations are not supported in virtual folders like the desktop, including packing. There are currently no plans to add all possible operations, there are far too many...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com