select syncronized folders w/o tree +backgrd/tray/tabs

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

coriander

select syncronized folders w/o tree +backgrd/tray/tabs

Post by *coriander »

1. background mode with tabs for each operation and pause mode
I want to syncronize folders/files - in background mode with pause mode, like copying! Sync window is always "coupled with main window. When syncing, i must open a second instance of tcmd, why not a solution like tabs in browsers? One tab for syncing (in background), one tab for searching, one tab for looking after files and rename folders (with folders i don't syncing at the same time!), and so on...

2. tray icon only counts "copying status" (in per cent), not the "sync status" (in per cent), why not make seperate colors? Now: black font, white back. My wish: select colors for font/back for both modes.

3. more/less folders than in "main window"
OK, there is the function "tree" (ctrl +F8), but then i waiting minutes my full tree of 300k(!!) folders is loaded.
There must be a solution to select folders in "explorer style" with "check marks" in combination with "sync mode" function (like in Acronis True Image when select folders to make a "TIB" backup file). Today i had to sync "by content" the whole dics - but this takes too long! Or i sync (smaller) folders seperatly, but this is too much work.

Thx
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Re: select syncronized folders w/o tree +backgrd/tray/tabs

Post by *Balderstrom »

coriander wrote:1. background mode with tabs for each operation and pause mode
I want to syncronize folders/files - in background mode with pause mode, like copying! Sync window is always "coupled with main window. When syncing, i must open a second instance of tcmd, why not a solution like tabs in browsers? One tab for syncing (in background), one tab for searching, one tab for looking after files and rename folders (with folders i don't syncing at the same time!), and so on...
Try this on buttonbar (standalone sync tool):
Command: %COMMANDER_PATH%\totalcmd.exe /S=S:=
Parameters: "%X%Z%P" "%T"
2. Sounds Good.
3. I agree, should be a way to Sync by selecting folders instead of SubDirBranch view and selecting which files to sync.

Though there is a workaround for 3.
Write an ignorelist to temporarily block certain paths. Then Sync, it will only synchronize the still visible folders.
FenixProductions also has an ignorelist switcher to easily change between different saved ignorelist.txt files.