You can download it from this list on www.ghisler.com
Please report bugs here in bug report forum, ONE BUG PER MESSAGE!
Why another release candidate?
Actually it was planned to release the final version today. But because of a bug in the Windows 7 firewall (causing frequent connection losses when using secure FTP), a lot of code in the built-in FTP client had to be changed. Therefore another test version has become necessary.
Please submit a bug report immediately if you have problems with FTP which you didn't have with older versions!
A list of additions and corrections, also for previous versions, can be found here.
The help as a HLP file can be found at the following address:
As usual, the update is free for all registered users.
What's new in TC 7.55?
- Use MLSD command for file listings in FTP function (better time resolution, time in UTC)
- Transfer files between two computers over a special USB cable
- Improvements to synchronize dirs function: Compare via plugins and FTP, options to skip hidden files and hard links, SITE UTIME in ftp sync
- Compare by content now shows different and changed lines with a slightly different background color (configurable via wincmd.ini)
- FTP connection details dialog split into two tabs
- "cd" command in button bar and start menu now accepts parameter /user: (user name for network connection)
- Open archives also in virtual folders like the Desktop
- New internal commands with parameters SELECTFILES, OPENTABSL and OPENTABSR, e.g. for the button bar
- Let the user set the user agent for HTTP connections
- Unpack directory time stamps from archives
- Lister: Increased maximum line length to 1024 characters (Unicode: 512)
- Verify CRC checksums: Also support CRC files in UTF16 Unicode format
- Show Terminal Server and Win7 XP mode drives in drive dropdown list and drive buttonbar
- Ctrl+Shift+B and cm_DirBranchSel shows branch view of only the selected dirs+files
- Colors by file type: Get plugin data in background thread for slow plugins
- F5 copy dialog: "Options" dialog extension can be pinned now to remain open
- RAR with encrypted file names: Show pseudo file <Encrypted -> F5> and let user unpack the archive with F5
- Command line: Command "cd filename" places cursor directly on file with name "filename"
- Search in "feed to listbox" results: Respect option "Search subdirectories", e.g. to search 3 levels deep in all selected dirs
- Show progress dialog box when reading a directory takes longer than 5 seconds
- Create CRC checksums: support subdirectories (recursively), background button
- Multi-rename tool: Allow to create fields with leading zeroes or spaces
- Create shortcuts (LNK files) also in protected system directories
- Handle dir space calculation in background (when user presses SPACE or Alt+Shift+Enter)
- Internal UnRAR via unrar.dll: Support target names longer than 259 characters
- File system plugins: Support background downloads and uploads (requires changes to plugin)
- Various new background operations: Unpack: RAR, TAR, packer plugins (needs modification), Pack: TAR, packer plugins
- See history.txt for all additions and fixes