Network connection seems to be not connected

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

henrykf

Network connection seems to be not connected

Post by *henrykf »

I have Windows 7 Enterprise on my office PC. All users in our team get the group share mapped as the drive L: by login script (net use) with the option PERSISTENT:NO.
Total Commander ignores the connection and neither shows it in the drive button bar nor offers the drive L: for selection in the drive dropdown list. For Total Commander is the drive L: not connected. :?
The Windows Explorer however can handle the drive L: normally. Also the net use command shows drive L: as connected in the list.
Using the TC connect network drive menu command, the drive L: shows no connection bound to the drive. :(
I found this behaviour on my Windows 7 PC only, on the Win XP machine works TC as it should.
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to link the screenshots, but I can send them any time to you.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Total Commander sees all drives the Explorer can see too, but only if they have a drive letter. I see two possible reasons why the drive isn't available:
1. You have an entry allowed= in your wincmd.ini which lists allowed drives, but L isn't included
2. You run Total Commander as a different user. Network drives are user-specific.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com