This forum uses cookies. Click X button to hide this message. What is stored? 
Total Commander Forum Index Total Commander
Forum - Public Discussion and Support

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WFX: Ignored ignore list after FsPutFile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> TC7.56(a)/7.57 bug reports (English) Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: WFX: Ignored ignore list after FsPutFile Reply with quote

TC 7.57RC1 on WinXPSP3.

If a file is transfered from the normal file system to the remote file system of the WFX by FsPutFile and this command creates a new file on the normal file system which is to be ignored by the ignore list of TC it is dislayed in the panel of the normal file system though. After a refresh (F2) of this panel it is finally hidden.

To reproduce:
1. Install CVSBrowser WFX plugin.
2. Create a local CVS repository using the WFX.
3. Add *.*,v to your ignore list.
4. Copy = add a file (say bla.txt) from the normal file system to this CVS repository. A new file (bla.txt,v) is created and visible in the normal file system.
5. Press F2 to refresh the normal file system. The new file (bla.txt,v) is no longer visible.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I don't have the time to check this CVSBrowser problem. It seems to be caused by auto-refresh settings on Configuration - Options - Refresh. I tried to simulate it by saving a file test.txt,v in an editor (not notepad, it will add an extra ".txt"). The file did NOT show up, it was filtered out as expected. So I have to move this to "will not be changed", sorry.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am fine with your comment as I could only reproduce it with CVSBrowser plugin.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know now what is happening: You can reproduce it like that:
1. Turn on the display of all extensions in Explorer
2. Save a file to the folder open in TC named test.txt,x
-> The file isn't hidden because it doesn't match the above name
3. Choose "Save as" in the editor
4. Do not actually save the file again, but instead inplace rename the already saved file from test.txt,x to test.txt,v

Result: TC does not hide the file although it now matches the entry in the ignore list. I did that so files don't suddenly disappear although they still exist, but it has a negative impact in this situation.

Apparently the CVSBrowser must be creating a temporary file first, which it then renames to *.*,v. Maybe you can find out the name of that temporary file, and add it to the ignore list too...
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked original sources of cvs.exe and could not find a hint for a temporary file provided that add_rcs_file of import.c (http://fossies.org/unix/misc/cvs-1.11.23.tar.gz:a/cvs-1.11.23/src/import.c, line 1021) is the correct file to investigate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> TC7.56(a)/7.57 bug reports (English) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: