Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

[8.0RC1 x64] Graphical issue with the F buttons

Post by *Dalai »

Hi there,

I found a little grahical issue in TC 8.0 RC1 64 bit (the problem didn't show in the 32 bit version). See this picture, pay attention to the F buttons on the bottom of the window.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Start TC with clean ini, e.g. totalcmd64.exe /i="%temp%\fresh.ini"
  2. Confirm the nag screen
  3. Confirm the settings dialog
  4. Maximize the TC window
  5. Press Ctrl+F2
I can reproduce this issue when I minimize TC, restore TC from task bar (so the GUI is redrawn and looks OK now) and press Ctrl+F2 again. The issue doesn't show if Ctrl+F2 is pressed before TC window is maximized.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

confirm, tc 8.0 rc1
Ukrainian Total Commander Translator. Feedback and discuss.
sztihamer

Post by *sztihamer »

I can confirm this one too. You don't need to have a fresh wincmd.ini file to reproduce it!

My method of reproducing this issue would be Maximizing Total Commander then pressing and holding Ctrl+F2. Then hold until you see the same visual glitch that Dalai has. On my machine it disappears after I pressed Ctrl+F2.

The only thing that remains after that is this: http://i.imgur.com/kN83x.png
You can see between the F4 Edit and the F5 Copy there's a glitch that remained from the one that Dalai showed us!
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I can confirm the bug too, but it ONLY stays with Classic Windows theme - with Luna or Aero theme it goes away when I release Ctrl+F2
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I can confirm that this is a problem with the classic theme. I will try to find a workaround.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

I don't get it. Why redraw the F buttons when pressing Ctrl+F2 - or, more accurately, changing view mode in the active panel - anyway?

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, I couldn't find out why exactly Lazarus is doing this. I have added a redraw workaround to RC2 now.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
sztihamer

Post by *sztihamer »

It's just a partial fix. The original bug has been fixed, but unfortunately the flickering issue is still available. If you press Ctrl+F2 you will still see the redraw issue. Some of the text will shift to the left while this shouldn't happen. It's not a big deal on the 32bit version because the text will stay on where it should be, but it's different for the 64bit version.

Here's a demonstration of the bug: http://www.screenr.com/4gK8

Used the latest version (RC2 64bit).
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2sztihamer
I can confirm this, although I think it's not a big deal as I don't fall asleep on Ctrl+F2 :lol:. So it's just a little flickering that is much better than the reported bug, isn't it?

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

sztihamer

Post by *sztihamer »

I'm fine also with the issue as long as the text doesn't shift to any direction, just like the 32bit version does. It's still an issue that needs to be fixed, and more feedback is always welcome. The original bug is fixed indeed, but there are still some mystical things left unfixed, and most likely that's why this topic was moved to the "bugs which should be fixed now" area of the forum.

Also the bug you found is related somehow to the bug that I shown, that's why I said it was partially fixed. Even the author doesn't know that's causing the problem. It can be another Lazarus bug or something completely different. If he knew what is going on with this glitch, the issue would be patched for now!

If the problem cannot be solved, then I'm totally fine with that. I just wanted to help with some feedback.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

sztihamer wrote:I'm fine also with the issue as long as the text doesn't shift to any direction, just like the 32bit version does.
I don't see any text shifting neither in the 64 nor in the 32 bit version. Even in your video I don't see any shifting, the text is only becoming a bit more bold. Is this what you mean by "text shifting"?

Regards
#101164 Personal licence

sztihamer

Post by *sztihamer »

Please take a look at the video I posted earlier today a couple posts back. You can find the link here: http://www.screenr.com/4gK8 The stuff that you see in bold that's caused by the screen recorder. Just pay attention in the first 7 seconds of the video! There's the most important stuff!

Here's a screenshot also: http://i.imgur.com/PXDLo.png
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

I see. But that's what's redrawn now by TC, so it just flickers and is even more visible when keeping Ctrl+F2 pressed. TC does "clean up" now in RC2 (after releasing Ctrl+F2) which is enough for me as long as the cause for this is unknown and no better fix is available.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

sztihamer

Post by *sztihamer »

Yes it does clean up the messy parts. The stuff I wanted to show is how the labels show up two times. One is the correct ones and the other is the one that is more moved to the left like some shadow or whatnot. It's clearly not intentional, and I'm sure if Christian know what causes this he would fix it. This doesn't happen in the 32bit version. The redraw workaround it's just temporary, until the cause of the problem will be identified!
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I can confirm that the origianl bug reported here is fixed in TC 8.0 RC2 x64 - but as others also have pointed out - there is still flickering when holding down Ctrl+F2 - and not even with Classic theme, but only with maximized window.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar