Icon Contribution

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Blight

Icon Contribution

Post by *Blight »

Hi Christian,
I would like to give you a complimentary license to use the icon art created for Zoom Player in Total Commander.

There's a partial gallery up right now and more icons will be added over time:
http://inmatrix.com/zplayer/assets/icons.shtml

If you're interested, let me know the icons and resolution required and I'll make sure you get copies.

P.S.
I'm writing this in the android thread as I got the idea while using TC on the phone.
Yaron Gur
Zoom Player . Lead Developer
HO0815XX

Post by *HO0815XX »

@Blight aka Yaron Gur: Whats about Zoom Player for Android?

(Sorry Off topic)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for your offer! The poblem is that when I need a specific icon not part of the collection, I would never be able to design anything even remotely similar - and then it would look unequal...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Blight

Post by *Blight »

I'll tell you what I've done in this situation.
I created a default fall-back set, so if I introduce a new icon, and a user-selected set didn't have it, it would default to the fall-back set.

As far as real-world, you need to ask yourself 'how many icons in reality have changed over the years with TC'. Very few.

Worst-case scenario, you outsource someone to do the new icon in a similar style, it's actually easier than inventing a new style.

And while I'm here, if you need something custom done, I'll have my graphic guy do it for you at cost and I'll do the Art design on it gratis as a fan of TC.

HO0815XX:
I would love to do a Zoom Player for android, but I'm stretched too thin.
I can do the code design and art design, but I don't have a coder to do the dirty work under the hood.
Yaron Gur
Zoom Player . Lead Developer