Deleting folders/files and pack to zip on /mnt/extsd.

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

olesio

Deleting folders/files and pack to zip on /mnt/extsd.

Post by *olesio »

Hello. TotalCmd for Android is really nice piece of software and thank you Ghilser for develop it. I own Pentagram Tab 8.0 with Android 4.0 and using latest version 2.0 beta 2 of your software and I cannot delete folders/files from second SD card (/mnt/extsd) and also pack to zip to this location. After deleting from extsd I see progress dialog which wrote files are moved to some Trash [?] (polish translation "Śmietnik") but folders/files do not disapear from location. All other operations works fine for SD Card (2). For build it SD Card everything is fine. Is any chance to support deleting and zipping for external card in next version? I'm asking because default file manager installed by Pentagram at this device ofcourse can delete files/folders, but it do not have sort order, have ugly desing and is hard to use it, so I want use your great software. Also I reading something about root access to device but when I try enable root option for java in configuration dialog I get error message about no root account access. Thanks in advice for answers and sorry for my bad English.
Best regards: olesio
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Delete should work for files, but not for folders - the used multimedia API cannot delete folders.

Zipping is unfortunately impossible - TC needs to create a seekable file, because the size of the packed file isn't known before the pack is done. TC has to return to the header to write the size to it. You will need to create the ZIP on the internal SD, and then copy it to the external one.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
olesio

Post by *olesio »

Ok, but unfortunetly deleting do not work for files and for folders. After deleting progress dialog disappear file or folder still exist. Do have any idea how to fix it? Because - like I wrote - build in FileManager is very hard to use in fast, like your program.
HO0815XX

Post by *HO0815XX »

Hmm... I have Android 4.0.4 on my Galaxy S (I9000) and can do this operations without problems. In Android 4.0.x the external sd-card is mounted as /mnt/emmc. I don't know if there's a difference between phones and tablets.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, I have no idea why it doesn't work on your device. If you really need this, you will have to root your device.
olesio

Post by *olesio »

Ok. I'm understand. But how to root device? There is no command to do this in options or any other way described in manual which is included. But for example WinAMP which have delete mp3 file option or DosBÓX Turbo also cannot delete files from extsd card on my Pentragram Tab.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rooting methods differ from device to device - just make a Google search for your device name and "root".
olesio

Post by *olesio »

I did not found exacly informations while searching: Pentagram Tab 8.0 root at Google. Anyway, I must unfortunetly wait probable more than week because I must bring my tablet to shop and they probable must send it to service to other city because from yesterday system do not want to boot up. Android turns his head and nothing more happend ;/ And thats exacly one month after purhase. I'm really unlucky fellow ;(
olesio

Post by *olesio »

Bump. Tablet back from shop, probable reset button hanged up device, but it returned with clear card with basic application like in new device. So I spend some time with installing some soft and games. Right now in version 2 beta 3 of Total Commander I do not have any notice when selecting root for java in settings but still I cannot delete files or folders from external SD Card. If someone have idea how to root device and allow Total Commander to delete files/folders from extsd on Pentagram devices please let me know. Thanks in advice.