Suggested modification for LAN plugin~

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

gewone

Suggested modification for LAN plugin~

Post by *gewone »

Hi guys!

First off, I want to say I really love Total Commander. I've been using it ever since mid-90's when it was pretty new and went under the name Windows Commander.

When it reached my Android phone I was thrilled. It's the only file manager I use, except for one little thing. It's like this, I have a VPN server set up in my router at home. I connect to this with my phone, and then I should (logically) be able to connect to my home machine Windows shares (through SMB/LAN plugin). However, when I fly on mobile data, I get a really dull error message when trying to connect. It says I'm not on WLAN and then asks me if I want to enable WLAN or connect to one.

As I understand, this is only thought as a "friendly" helping hand, trying to figure out why it may not work to connect to an actual \\ATHOMEHOST when not on WLAN, thus disregarding the possibility of being connected through VPN, like in my case.

I have tried overriding this popup box but haven't found a way. Hence, I use ES File Manager when connecting to home Windows shares when I'm outside.

However, it would be awesome if this could be somehow corrected in further versions. Alternatively, if anyone here who knows a bit of coding could just override this "WLAN check" portion and compile a "patched" APK for me to use, for the time being.

Cheers!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Please make a long tap on the plugin (LAN) in the home folder and choose "Properties". There you can allow connections over the phone too. This is disabled by default for bandwidth reasons.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
gewone

Post by *gewone »

Big thanks Christian, it worked a treat!