TC and Linux

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

steve_3199

TC and Linux

Post by *steve_3199 »

Although I have noted that porting to Linux may have its problems, why can't it be a gradual thing, like making the problems that occur in wine disappear, or we could start submitting patches for wine, and making the wine config work with with TC better
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

IMHO wine would be the wrong way to go.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
krojc

Post by *krojc »

Wine IS (would be) the wrong way to go...
and in 2007 Longhorn is coming :)
steve_3199

Post by *steve_3199 »

I didn't mean that wine should be what is used, what i meant that something like wine could aid the compatibility with Linux, as ghisler was saying in other threads for Linux ports of Total Commander, there are parts of the code that depend on windows

If the compatibility of Total Commander was assisted, then ghisler would probably have more time to put towards the porting to Linux, as more people would be buying licenses

There would be plenty of alternitive ways to assist development that would be required to port Total Commander to Linux, another way could be if ghisler openned up specific source that reqiered windows, as this wouldnt be much code there wouldnt be any harm, the programmers in the community who had some knowledge in Linux could assist in adding to that part of the code to make it compatible

Or someone could develop libraries for what was needed, or have a patch for stuff like libsoup or gtk+

The list goes on...