Features close to Windows Explorer

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pingel

Features close to Windows Explorer

Post by *pingel »

First of all: I love TC and have been using it for may years now. I use if for almost anything, but there are still areas where I need to turn to Windows Explorer - especially when looking thru graphical files.
What would be nice would be somewhat the same functionality as the Windows Explorer view: Thumbnails and/or filmstrip.

A couple of other areas:

I like the Windows Exporer folder view, where desktop, all drives and shares are shown - in TC you only see the tree view of the current drive/share.

TC will only show a standard Icon for a folder, where windows will show a different Icon depending on the folder and content, i.e. My Pictures, My Web Sites, My Music, etc

Windows will also show if a folder is made available offline (with a little double arrow in the lower left corner of the Icon). I use offline files a lot, and it would be nice if I could see that from TC as well.

This was just a couple of small suggestions.

regards

:-)an
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

I think the IEView plugin is probably what you are looking for.

Download here: http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/ieview.html
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
pingel

IEView

Post by *pingel »

IEView will let me view a file in its native format. What I am looking for is something that will let me view a folder like Windows Explorer. Especially with pictures, the filenames typically doesn't mean a lot, you need to see a thumbnail of the pictures to really know which one you are looking for.

What I am looking for in TC is to use some of the native Windows Explorer functions to view files as thumbnails, and to view icons for files the same way.

:-)an
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2pingel
TC will only show a standard Icon for a folder, where windows will show a different Icon depending on the folder and content, i.e. My Pictures, My Web Sites, My Music, etc
This works fine for me. Maybe you haven't check the Configuration/Display/All associated option?
What I am looking for in TC is to use some of the native Windows Explorer functions to view files as thumbnails, and to view icons for files the same way.
Install IEView, select a folder containing graphics and change to quick view. The thumbnails/filmstrips will be displayed in the quick view window.