0. Start TC with clean (default) main settings ini.
1. Install 7zip plugin registered to 7z extension and Total7zip plugin registered for total7zip extension, then make an internal association by instruction from this post. Or, just use Configuration, Change ini files directly, put following custom settings into default wincmd.ini:
Code: Select all
[PackerPlugins] 7z=C:\your\path\to\7z.wcx total7zip=C:\your\path\to\Total7zip.wcx [Associations] Filter1=*.7z Filter1_total7zip=**total7zip
2. Restart TC with this ini to make sure changed settings will be applied.
3. Find *.7z archive, use its context menu item "total7zip". TC will open archive.
4. Press Alt+Enter inside archive on some file, in its properties you'll see field "Packer: 7z". If "Packer:" field doesn't lie here, it is an indication that wcx plugin registered for 7z extension in [PackerPlugins] used when total7zip menu called.
ghisler(Author) wrote:If you open a file via **total7zip verb, TC should then use total7zip and not other unpacker defined for that extension.