CD image Bin öffnen???

German support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, Stefan2

squirrel

CD image Bin öffnen???

Post by *squirrel »

Hallo
Gibt es eine möglichkeit bin files zu öffnen mit Wc resp.mit Tc???
Habe zwar ein plugin gefunden (isox) auf der homepage,aber bringe es nicht zum laufen :(
kann mir jemand helfen???

Danke Christian für dieses SUPER programm!!!!!!
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-10, 19:24 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
squirrel

Post by *squirrel »

mit nero brennprogram
es wird ein bin file und ein cue sheet erzeugt
und ich möchte das bin file mit tc öffnen,wie es zum beispiel mit winiso oder mit isobuster öffnen kann.
Es wäre schön wenn man diese auch mit tc extraieren könnte.

Danke für deine hilfe
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-10, 19:25 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
squirrel

Post by *squirrel »

schade :(

danke trozdem :lol:
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

squirrel wrote:mit nero brennprogram
es wird ein bin file und ein cue sheet erzeugt
und ich möchte das bin file mit tc öffnen,wie es zum beispiel mit winiso oder mit isobuster öffnen kann.
Es wäre schön wenn man diese auch mit tc extraieren könnte.

Danke für deine hilfe
und ich dachte immer Nero erzeugt NRG images, die man dann gegebenenfalls mit Nero Imagedrive laden kann. Auch können ISO-Dateien mit Nero erzeugt werden. Ich weiß zwar wie man cue/bin brennt mit Nero aber wie erzeugt man die damit?
squirrel

Post by *squirrel »

habe das mal nachgeprüft...und du hast recht :oops: man kann mit nero zwar cue/bin files brennen aber icht erzeugen
DeXT

Post by *DeXT »

Hi there. Sorry I can't speak german, but perhaps I can help here.

This is something I've been working on: iso_bin.zip

It's an update of the ISO plugin that now supports BIN, IMG (CloneCD) and NRG (Nero) images, without the need to convert them first to plain ISO. To use it just install it like the old one and associate it with the former extensions.

Feel free to test it and report results here. Please don't redistribute it as it's still in alpha stage! There are many things that need to be enhanced. NRG support is very limited at this stage, too, and may not work with all images. I'd also like to add true Mode2Form2 support, as I'm the one behing Mode2CDMaker, too ;)

Once I have it ready I'll release it along with its sources, so Christian can update the current plugin.

Hope you like it...

DeXT
squirrel

Post by *squirrel »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GREAT!!!! MAGIC!!!!!!!

Exactly what i have been loocking for....

Thank you sooooo much Dext
Jenser

Post by *Jenser »

Auch von mir ein großes DANKESCHÖN für dieses ausgeprochen nützliche Plugin!
cu
Jenser

Ich bin für Frieden und gegen eine amerikanische Weltherrschaft!
DeXT

Post by *DeXT »

The plugin has been updated (1.2alpha2).

It now has PC_CAPS_SEARCHTEXT enabled (you can search from inside an ISO file) as well as PK_CAPS_BY_CONTENT (you can enter an image file using Ctrl+PgDn, without the need to associate its extension first). It also fixes a bug making it crash with corrupt ISO files.

The Ctrl+PgDn feature will work nicely for BIN/IMG files, as well as some NRG images which were recorded as RAW, but due to a problem (a bug?) in TC, it won't work for files starting with 0's (you can try to do it with a standard ISO image, with no plugin installed -- TC will show an empty directory; seems TC is erroneously assuming a different packer format for these).

In order for the new features to work, you need to remove and re-add the plugin using the Plugin configuration window, so TC updates its capabilities (the number shown right after the plugin path).

The link is the same as the previous release: iso_bin.zip

Thanks for your kind words ;)

DeXT
squirrel

Post by *squirrel »

Hey Dext
great plugin thx again :D

I got some problems with extracting mpg2 files from a bin format image (SVCD),no errors during the extraction,but cant watch the movie,strange picture, like when you try to watch a divx movie without codecs.

Any suggestions my friend?? :wink:
JoeyHH

Post by *JoeyHH »

@DeXT

very nice Plugin ,thanks,but could you add to view also Diskimages with IMG extension.
There was another Plugin ,which does this ,but no Cd-image,so i have to decide :-(
Greetings JoeyHH
DeXT

Post by *DeXT »

squirrel wrote:I got some problems with extracting mpg2 files from a bin format image (SVCD),no errors during the extraction,but cant watch the movie,strange picture, like when you try to watch a divx movie without codecs.

Any suggestions my friend?? :wink:
This is already known. As you can figure out from my words, Mode2/From2 reading is not yet supported (X/S/VCDs are recorded in Form2). In order to support these, somewhat profound changes are needed, as these special files are recorded using a greater user data block size (2324 instead of 2048 bytes), along with Form1 data (i.e. both data formats are mixed on the same image, and the current implementation does not support this). Anyways, this is on my high-priority to-do list, as I stated above. So you'll be able to do it sooner or later, don't worry. ;)
JoeyHH wrote:very nice Plugin ,thanks,but could you add to view also Diskimages with IMG extension.
There was another Plugin ,which does this ,but no Cd-image,so i have to decide
Adding complete disk image reading support to the ISO plugin is a huge task, and IMHO it's not worth the pain. It should be much easier to either rename the IMG CD image to ISO/BIN before opening it, or use a different extension for disk images, as these are (very) rarely used. CD images have a much wider use right now.

There is an alternate solution, too. Making some small modifications to img.wcx it's possible to make both plugins coexist (by enabling PK_CAPS_BY_CONTENT). However, the IMG extension must not be associated with any of them, otherwise it won't work (use a dummy extension for img.wcx, such as "dsk"). To enter a IMG file use Ctrl+PgDn, and both plugins will be probed, then the working one will be used. Here is the modified img.wcx plugin, for your testing purpose: img_patch.zip

Some suggestions to Mr. Ghisler:

- add a mechanism to store default extensions in the plugin, so these are automatically associated once the plugin is loaded
- (derivated from the former) allow loading plugins without entering any extension, and then probably ask for one if no internal extension list is found (this eases adding plugins)
- probe every existing plugin with PK_CAPS_BY_CONTENT enabled when there is an error opening the current file, even if it has its extension associated (currently it is not possible opening two file formats sharing the same extension with two alternate plugins, through the usage of PK_CAPS_BY_CONTENT, when any of them have that extension associated -- you can verify this with the two plugins above).

Hope you find it useful.

DeXT
squirrel

Post by *squirrel »

understud
Thanks Dext