saving of the errors and trubles.. :
make a update.exe in an own folder : %COMMANDER_PATH%\updater\
there it is able to make a button in the Buttonbar "Totalcommander Updater"
with the path %COMMANDER_PATH%\updater\updater.exe
the updater should be able to check the standard download-url/mirrors
with a ini-file :
3=ftp:// //anonymous with or without mailadress as passwd
4=sftp:// name[:]passwd[@]muster.org //well for betatesters and owners (it works if sftp programmed in in TC and have a api inside of TC)
- check %location% 1,2,3,4,5,6
- compare version and save the running %binary% Version in Variable(for restart)
- exist a more new version on %location%, give a popup to select version(32,64,both), download %version%/store, execute the version.
- check %COMMANDER_PATH%/executables if there a stream/runs, end the executable for install
- store the %COMMANDER_PATH% variable in ram
- install in %COMMANDER_PATH%
- remove the %COMMANDER_PATH%
- ask if Totalcommander start again
make it possible to open an Configuring Dialog via "/config"
for edit also the updater.ini
make it possible to make it silence via "/silence"
%COMMANDER_PATH%\updater\updater.exe /silence :
- save the running %binary% Version in Variable(for restart)
- close Totalcommander, check version,
- if new => download it (the current more new version) +
- [downloadbar "Total Commander is Updating \n Installed Version:%XX% \n New Version:%XXX% " \n [1%,2%,3%.......]],
- else "popup" No new version [anouncing time = 0-20 secounds (stored in updater.ini)+OK/abort/restart TC]
- restart the before running Totalcommander %binary% (32/64bit just the default)
could be a thing,
therewith it is possible to make 3 Buttons in the buttonbar for the updater :
- Normal updater with gui and user guided [updater.exe]
- Silence Updater, stops TC, does his job,and restart the TC [updater.exe /silence]
- Configuring Dialog [updater.exe /config]
in the subfolder of Totalcommander/updater
the advantage is that it can be further developed independently
and it is not TC head-Program dependence .
this makes also possible to move the Totalupdater-folder to an server :
with the downloadfolder =../TC-Versions
stops %tcbinary%, install from %downloadfolder% to %COMMANDER_PATH% ,
and all as variables and very flexible
make it gpl2 (looking to Reactos)
make it on Github to make it possible for common developing..
more as 5/8 developer , also for add patches, if the one not in possible, is the other there..