How to expand/collapse full directory branch in tree view?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

atomix

How to expand/collapse full directory branch in tree view?

Post by *atomix »

With Ctrl+F8 I can see the directory tree in TC. However, by default, Total Commander only reads the top level directories of the tree. If you want to expand/collapse branches of the tree you may use the +/- buttons on the numeric keypad or simple clicking on the +/- sign. Using this will expand/collapse ONLY ONE dir at a time.

Is there any shortcut/command (or whatever else) to make TC to expand/collapse the whole directory branch (rec. subdirs) of a certain directory? Thanks for any tip and I hope I did not overlook a hidden feature existing already. :)

BTW, I am aware of the the old Total Commander tree that can be configured in configuration (enabling 'Always load complete directory tree'). However, in this case, the tree shows ALL directories and subdirectories of the current drive, but this is not what I want!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Is there any shortcut/command (or whatever else) to make TC to expand/collapse the whole directory branch (rec. subdirs) of a certain directory?
No. The fastest way to do it is to hold down the right arrow key unil all subdirs are expanded.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
atomix

Post by *atomix »

Thanks for hint, that is good enough and certainly better then nothing. :lol: