Feature Suggestions

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

grustan

Feature Suggestions

Post by *grustan »

Thank you for a great program (I'm totally addicted)

There are two things that I miss in the program.

1. A history list on F7 (new folder), with last created folder as default (selected).

2. Selection of same filename (different extensions). ALT + works for similar extension, maybe CTRL ALT + can work for selecting files with same filename.

Best regards

grustan 8)
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

1. Will that be a history of visited folders (already exists and can be easy implemented) or a history of created folder? I presume that will be the latter case isn’t it?

2. Quite an interesting suggestion although I have to admit that I cannot recall more than 4-5 times (within the last decade) I had to come across a folder with files having the same names but different extensions. You see developers and end-users usually avoid creation of files with the same names but different extensions and especially present within the same folder. This feature might be very useful though in the branched view mode where duplicate filenames can occur easily.
Last edited by pdavit on 2003-04-28, 07:42 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
grustan

Post by *grustan »

1. I'm thinking of a history of created folders (like in the old windows ver. of Norton Commander).

2. I am a programmer myself, and I could give a few examples of practical use:
My data folder consists of several databases. Quite a few times a day, I wish to copy one of those databases from one project to another. That is eks. MyBase.db, MyBase.mb, MyBase.px, MyBase.val...xg0,...yg0 etc.
Sometimes I also wish to copy an entire form from one project to another, eks. MyForm.dfm, MyForm.pas etc.
gazoz

Post by *gazoz »

I would suggest [SHIFT][+] for a workaround, it is slow though...
===========================
I am in love with ghisler... no speculations please! you know why ...
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Feature Suggestions

Post by *djk »

grustan wrote: There are two things that I miss in the program.
1. A history list on F7 (new folder), with last created folder as default (selected).
1. That's a good idea. I would like to see the similar solution during the creation of a new file (SHIFT_F4).
I often have to create short text files with the names like:
djk_001.txt, djk_002.txt, djk_003.txt...
It would be good to have a combo box with the list of last used names instead of current edit box. Then I could choose the previous file name and change only one letter instead of writing it again.

Dos Navigator - which I often use for DOS enviroment - has such a great solution.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Dominik

Post by *Dominik »

It would be good to have a combo box with the list of last used names instead of current edit box
It would be good to have a combo box with the list of last used names instead of current edit box
Great idea