Pop3/SMTP plugin - bug

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

djk
Power Member
Power Member

Pop3/SMTP plugin - bug

Post by *djk »

There is a small bug (IMO) in the plugin.
My password for accounts are not saved. I always type them when I try to connect. If I type wrong password the connections of course fails. Unfortunately I'm not able to retype the password again even if I disconnect. I must restart TC :-(
I also would like to be able to logout from the account when I disconnect. It's also impossible, TC remembers my passwords for the accounts until I close it.

BTW: When I choose "Edit account" - notepad opens fsplugin.ini - unfortunately if any other plugin uses also the file (like CD-Ripper) it's really difficult to find the settings for POP3 plugin cause I see all the settings for all plugins :-(
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
André Martin

Post by *André Martin »

2djk
a.) It seems to me that the server response string does not contain the word "pass" or "denied". Can you tell me which error message/string the server returns?
b.) This is not possible to implement because TC does not tell the plugin which panel side you have closed but you can use TC's "Unload plugins" function in order to make the plugin loose internal saved passwords instead of closing TC.
c.) There is no need to change settings in the IniFile directly. You can use the dialogs: Right-Click on the folder "properties" in order to change mailbox settings or if you want to change plugin settings just Right-click on "POP3 Connections" and a settings dialog appears.
Browse the web with the HTTP SmartBrowserPlugin
Check your mails with the POP3/SMTP EmailPlugin!
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

2André Martin
a.) Well, I just choose my account (it's called WP), type password (with a mistake), press OK, and I see the info:
CONNECT \\WP
authorization failed
then I press Disconnect (twice) and trying to connect once again. It doesn't ask me for the password but tries to connect with the bad one. Of course I get the above info again until I restart TC.

b.) It's a pity it's impossible, but if you disconnect from FTP connection the password is lost so I thought that with pop3 connection it can work similar.

c.) I know it :-) but if it's possible to use "Edit account".... :-)
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
André Martin

Post by *André Martin »

a.) Indeed this is a bug because my plugin ask for the password only if the error string contains either the word "pass" or "denied". I will fix it (add "auth") in the next release. Thanks for reporting it!
b.) I will try to find a better solution :-)
c.) You can uncheck "Show 'Edit connections'" :-)
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

André Martin wrote:a.) Indeed this is a bug because my plugin ask for the password only if the error string contains either the word "pass" or "denied". I will fix it (add "auth") in the next release. Thanks for reporting it!
b.) I will try to find a better solution :-)
c.) You can uncheck "Show 'Edit connections'" :-)
Thanks ;-)
I'm waiting for a new version :-)
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
jdmarch

Post by *jdmarch »

Another small bug in this plugin:

If I open a mailbox, then later refresh it (Ctrl+R), then I must press the "Disconnect" button twice before the POP3 mini-window at the top of the screen closes. Likewise if I open one mailbox and then another.
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

I don't know if this is a bug or not:

Double clicking to view an email (in Outlook Express, for instance) appears to add another "layer" to the disconnect button. If I open 5 emails that way, it appears I have to disconnect once for each of those five emails.

I end up clicking like mad on the disconnect button...

By the way I LOVE this plugin.

Is there a way to use it to SEND an email?
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

JohnFredC wrote:Is there a way to use it to SEND an email?
Yes, it is.
Just edit the SampleMail.eml file and copy it to the your account folder in Pop3 plugin.
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
jdmarch

Post by *jdmarch »

> Is there a way to use it to SEND an email?
See http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=361
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

Thanks guys...

Couldn't be easier!
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
havanna

Post by *havanna »

JohnFredC wrote: Double clicking to view an email (in Outlook Express, for instance) appears to add another "layer"...
If first I change the Panel to some other drive, then a single click closes the connection, even after working with many accounts or mails.
Tanstaafl
André Martin

Post by *André Martin »

The "layer" is an entry in TC's internal "open connections" list.
Entries are added as soons as a plugin sends a "CONNECT \\Foldername" string and they will be removed from the list by clicking the "Disconnect" button.
Unfortunatily this list allows to add the same entry multiple times and it does not remove entries from list when the plugin sends a "DISCONNECT \\Foldername" which would be logical IMHO.
This explains why you have to press multiple time till the Disconnect button disapears...
I discussed this problem with Christian a couple of month ago already but it fell into oblivion :-(
Browse the web with the HTTP SmartBrowserPlugin
Check your mails with the POP3/SMTP EmailPlugin!
jdmarch

Post by *jdmarch »

> but it fell into oblivion

Let's hope that in this context, "oblivion" = TC6 feature list!!