Short cuts: Overview of current assignments + customization

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Heppchen

Short cuts: Overview of current assignments + customization

Post by *Heppchen »

1) It would be great to get an overview of current assignment of all short cut assignments via Configurations/Options/Misc.

This wish has been already mentioned in this thread:
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=2140&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=quick+search&start=0

2) It's not a bug but it would be great not to reset the function in short cuts assignments after changing the short cut after selection of the command and _before_ applying that change.

Repro steps:
a) Configurations/Options/Misc

b) Before you are able to select a short cut command, you need to select a short cut, hopefully you select an unused one, e.g. CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-F7

c) Select your command, e.g. cm_QuickSearchConfig to open the configuration dialog for Quick Search faster

d1) Ok, press on green arrow, that's fine.

d2) But what does happen after non applying this change immediately and you want to choose a different short cut? The selection of the previously selected command resets to empty default one (Default command (no change)). You have to search for the command once again.

Conclusion:
Why am I not able to select the short cut before selection of the corresponding command to avoid overwriting of already existing assignments?
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

1) It would be great to get an overview of current assignment of all short cut assignments via Configurations/Options/Misc.
Have you tried to click on the button with the down arrow, placed over the Alt + checkbox in the Misc. dialog ? (TC 7.50)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

I've sugged an improvement to the dialog for Shortcuts, Config: Misc: Redefine Hotkeys (Default Command), I don't believe Mr.Ghisler is interested.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

You may want to look at ts4242's Ultra TC Editors, which include a Hotkeys Editor.
Heppchen

Post by *Heppchen »

petermad wrote:
Have you tried to click on the button with the down arrow, placed over the Alt + checkbox in the Misc. dialog ? (TC 7.50)
Sorry that I didn't mention it. Yes, I saw it and it's really an improvement in 7.5, but I would like to see all current assignments including the default ones ;)
Some are mentioned in the help file, but I think it would be great to add an additional column to the Select Command dialog where are currently three columns:

Command | ID | Description
cm_QuickSearchConfig | 479 | Conf:QuickSearch
etc.
Heppchen

Post by *Heppchen »

Balderstrom wrote:I've sugged an improvement to the dialog for Shortcuts, Config: Misc: Redefine Hotkeys (Default Command), I don't believe Mr.Ghisler is interested.
Your post is only 48 hrs old, I have still hope ;)
Heppchen

Re: Short cuts: Overview of current assignments + customizat

Post by *Heppchen »

Heppchen wrote:Conclusion:
Why am I not able to select the short cut before selection of the corresponding command to avoid overwriting of already existing assignments?
It seems that my conclusion can be misunderstood :(

I would like to be able to select the command first, without selecting for a short cut before.

1) select a command
2) after selecting a command, TC lookups for the current short cut assignment
3) choose or change the short cut
4) apply
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

Yeah, that was my secondary request, after the first one which discussed an improvement to the HotKey GUI was shot down.
A checkbox [x] Lookup CMD, or a [Lookup] button - after selecting a HotKey +Modifier from the pulldown menu.

I find it odd/curious sometimes what TC users think would be improvements, and what they lend "support++" to. Things like this are minor tweaks that improve useability.
*BLINK* TC9 Added WM_COPYDATA and WM_USER queries for scripting.