VisualDirSize

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Clo

Can you read ?

Post by *Clo »

2kajoj1
:) Hello!

¤ Can you read : "Fichiers en cours dans" and "Le répertoire est vide" ?
- We have French-speaking users who don't know English at all, they can read this, but not the same English strings…
- Like Paul Vansumsen says above, it isn't a big deal to add a small LNG file with sections, many plugins have this and that makes a lot of users happy…

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
kajoj1

Post by *kajoj1 »

@Clo
Can you read : "Fichiers en cours dans" and "Le répertoire est vide" ?

And can you read: "Rzeczywiste pliki w" and "Katalog jest pusty"? Or even what language is it? :wink:

OK It’ll be support for LNG files :)
Vansumsen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vansumsen »

OK It’ll be support for LNG files

Thanks. :D
Don't forget that the success of a program resides also in the number of languages it can provides... :wink:

Friendly

Paul
Last edited by Vansumsen on 2005-08-11, 20:26 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Ouistiti, #11943

L'important n'est pas de convaincre, mais de donner à réfléchir.
The important thing is not to convince, but to incite to think.

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Another request - could the font setting be the same as the setting for TC's file list font?

How is it that if I don't state any IcoLibPath in dirsize.ini then the 4bit color icons in totalcmd.exe are used - while if I set IcoLibPath=%COMMANDER_PATH%\totalcmd.exe then the 8bit color icons is used
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
kajoj1

Post by *kajoj1 »

@petermad
Another request - could the font setting be the same as the setting for TC's file list font?
Well, option that allows font settings by user, is not planned for now. Sorry.
How is it that if I don't state any IcoLibPath in dirsize.ini then the 4bit color icons in totalcmd.exe are used - while if I set IcoLibPath=%COMMANDER_PATH%\totalcmd.exe then the 8bit color icons is used
If you don't state any IcoLibPath in dirsize.ini then plugin uses its own icons. I've already changed that 4bit color icon to 8bit color. It'll be in next version.
Clo

Some wishes…

Post by *Clo »

2kajoj1
:) Hello !

• Just some remarks / wishes for your plugin :
1. The white background is so painful for my old eyes, and I'ld like to get the Lister background colour at the first start. It's easily reachable in the <Wincmd.ini> file, for instance @ home :

Code: Select all

[Lister]
BgColor=16777147
- In the INI of the plugin, the set colour is false, isn't the value above. I had to patch this, a bit laborious…

2. Although I have set the icon library alright in the INI of the plugin, I get only the folders icons. Besides, neither the configured size of icons in TC, nor the icons of the file-types are displayed. I have the “white page” icon for all files, including the EXEs. But yet, the icon library of TC has an EXE icon which is not the white page… The same for the archives (ZIP, RAR etc.)

¤ Further, it should be nice to configure the bar-colours for the units (GB, MB, KB, bytes), because some users prefer certain background colours, so some actual bars could become invisible in that case…

- Anyway, a good plugin, hoping you'll improve it a bit ;)

- Tested under Win 98 SE - P4 @ 2.4 GHz - 512 Mo DD-RAM - TC 6.53

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
kajoj1

Post by *kajoj1 »

@Clo
1. The white background is so painful for my old eyes, and I'ld like to get the Lister background colour at the first start. It's easily reachable in the <Wincmd.ini> file, for instance @ home :

Code:
[Lister]
BgColor=16777147

- In the INI of the plugin, the set colour is false, isn't the value above. I had to patch this, a bit laborious…
Added to wishlist
2. Although I have set the icon library alright in the INI of the plugin, I get only the folders icons. Besides, neither the configured size of icons in TC, nor the icons of the file-types are displayed. I have the “white page” icon for all files, including the EXEs. But yet, the icon library of TC has an EXE icon which is not the white page… The same for the archives (ZIP, RAR etc.)
Currently only two icons are supported: for directories and for files. Maybe in future there will be support for more icons (ex. for compressed file, exe icons)
Further, it should be nice to configure the bar-colours for the units (GB, MB, KB, bytes), because some users prefer certain background colours, so some actual bars could become invisible in that case…
It's already available. Please go http://members.lycos.co.uk/kajoj100/ and see examples. All you have to do is edit dirsize.ini
Anyway, a good plugin, hoping you'll improve it a bit
:)
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2kajoj1
I'm just getting addicted to your plugin. One little thing that would make it even more comfortable would be realtime scrolling of DirSize's window. By now you have to release the Mouse button after moving the slidebar to have the window be scrolled to that position, which is a bit uncomfy in large Directories.

I support Clos wish about the background color, too.

Anyway, keep on your good work, you're on the best way to make my favourite SizeManager Treesize obsolete! :)
Clo

Weird thing---

Post by *Clo »

2kajoj1
:) Hello !

• Thank you to consider my wishes.

- About the colours still, I noticed a weird thing. I made a test to use hexa values :
[Color]
MaxShadeValue=216
MinShadeValue=24
Saturation=172
Lightness=164
BkgColor=$F0FFBF
;BackColor=16121793 in <wincmd.ini>, usual decimal 191 / 255 / 240
;FontColor=0 original, black.
FontColor=$000088
- For the background, I'm bound tu use the RGB order, while for the font colour, the reverse (damn “little endian” system) BGR works - like other colours set like this in <wincmd.ini> - and gives alright a dark red font. :?:

¤ Besides, a FontWeight=… entry should be great, especially whether it could support all values from “400” (normal) up to “900” (extra-bold). Below, all font-weight values :
  1. 100 (ghostly)
  2. 200 (skeleton-like)
  3. 300 (skinny)
  4. 400 (normal)
  5. 500 (bolder a little)
  6. 600 (medium-bold)
  7. 700 (usual bold)
  8. 800 (intensified-bold)
  9. 900 (extra-bold)

- Please, notice that the allowed progression-step is always «100»…

{ About colour-themes }
It's already available. Please go …
- Thanks, that works, though it isn't very handy. So, what about something like :

[ColourTheme_1]
... all needed lines
[ColourTheme_2]
... all needed lines
etc. ...
- Then, the chosen theme could be stated simply as, i.e. :

UseColourTheme=2
• What do you think ?

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Another little wish - is it possible to make the dirsize panel recieve focus with a mouse-click :?:

Right now I can only put focus on the dirsize panel with the Tab key.

I am using the standard Windows XP SP2 mouse driver for PS/2-compatible mouse
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
kajoj1

Post by *kajoj1 »

@StickyNomad
I'm just getting addicted to your plugin.
It's make me happy ! :D
realtime scrolling of DirSize's window.
Already implemented. Please wait for next release.

@Clo
Thank you to consider my wishes.
You are welcome. :)
About the colours still, I noticed a weird thing
Well, to stop problems with editing dirsize.ini, I'll make Configuration dialog. However, I don’t know when it will be available. Maybe in next major release.
So, what about something like :

[ColourTheme_1] 
... all needed lines 
[ColourTheme_2] 
... all needed lines 
etc. ...
Added to wish list.

@petermad
is it possible to make the dirsize panel recieve focus with a mouse-click
I know the problem, it seem to be a TC interface limitation. :( Correct me, if I'm mistaken...
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I know the problem, it seem to be a TC interface limitation.
Yeah, I think you are right - I noticed that the problem also exist with for example the Imagine viewer.

2ghisler
Could this be fixed in the future :?:
License #524 (1994)
kajoj1

Post by *kajoj1 »

Hello everyone :)

New version needs testing. Get it here http://members.lycos.co.uk/kajoj100/

Changes:

1.0 beta3 [08.13.2005]
- Added option to show only directories (key 'S', show with files key 'A')
- Added display total size of egzamined directory
- Added real-time scrolling
- Added Esc key when calculating folder size to cancel the operation
- Added option to show percents instead file sizes (key 'Z')
- Added option to show bars sorted by name (key 'X')
- Some small corrections
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

The shortcuts are not very intuitive, why not [d]irectories, [f]iles, ort and ars instead? Or even better realize the [d] and [f] as a toggle too, just like the other shortcuts.

Otherwise: nice additions. :)

Edit:
It seems like your intention was to keep the shortcuts close together on the keyboard, the only problem is that there are different keyboard layouts, not only English ones. German keyboards have QWERTZ, French ones have AZERTY and I bet there are keyboards layouts you cannot even dream of. ;)
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Azerty.png

If there will be a possibility to adjust the shortcuts in future this will not be a problem of course.

Icfu
This account is for sale
djorge

Post by *djorge »

Nice additions!

I agree with icfu. The shortcuts are not intuitive.

This plugin is becoming better and better :D
Personal License #117854