Tab headers overlap each other

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sztihamer

Tab headers overlap each other

Post by *sztihamer »

Seems like the Ext, Size, Date and Attr tab headers overlap each other if they are resized in a weird way. The Name header behaves correctly, because if the whole file name can't fit it shows two dots. I can reproduce it in both versions, and don't know if it's intentional or not. Just found a little bit odd how it behaved by default.

This made me experiment a little bit: http://i.imgur.com/AElxW.png
Just take a look how close is the 4 and r are! They are almost stick together.

After resizing the other headers and making them small this is what I get: http://i.imgur.com/UIVtm.png
If I take a look at the second screenshot I am confused what is going on. I hope this is not by design, and it's easy to fix.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

This is by design, and has been like this for ages - and it has been discused in several topics on this board - especially the behaviour of the size column using the space of the ext. column.

If you don't like this behaviour you can just make a custom column with the same fields - it will not make these overlappings.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
sztihamer

Post by *sztihamer »

Thanks petermad! Thought that this was a bug. That means there's nothing to worry about. Anyway I discovered it by pure accident. It doesn't bother me that much, it just behaves weird with the default configuration.

I guess this will not be changed then, and other people have to rely on the workaround you posted. It's just fine for me just for now, and it's good to know that there are ways to fix this.
Damel

Post by *Damel »

This is not bug, this is feature and myself I like this behaviour, so I hope this will not be changed. But in custom columns this behaviour isn't so you can make your own custom columns (same as default) where will be yours two .. dots. :)

See http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=28032
The best solution:
1. format C:
2. install TotalCmd
3. install Windows (optionally)
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Moved to the English forum.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.