A content plugin is a type of plugin that provides additional information and properties for files and folders. The data provided by the plugin can be used in several internal functions of Total Commander.
The possible applications of content plugins are endless. Just a few examples:
- Title, genre, year of music- or video documents
- Comments or keywords from documents
- Full text search in Word or PDF documents
- Find text in binary documents.
Total Commander delivers a file name to the plugin. How this information is retrieved is plugin's business. The plugin sends the retrieved information back to Total Commander. Total Commander will now display the received information or process it in another way. The chapter "Use" deals with this application areas.
Content plugins can be used in many ways.
- Custom columns view
- Search function
- Thumbnails view
- Colors by filetype
- Multi-Rename Tool
- Change attributes -> Change plugin attributes (requires TC 7)
- File overwrite warning dialog
Back to Plugin