LAN Plugin - Arbeitsgruppe

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Schweini

Post by *Schweini »

Hi Christian

Wollte nur mal mitteilen, dass das hinzugefügte Feature "Ältere NAS Kompatibilität" funktioniert. Danke hierfür :D

Ob ne Arbeitsgruppeneinstellung noch generell nötig ist und noch fehlt, musst Du wissen. Kann das nicht beantworten.

Weiter so!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Danke für die Rückmeldung! Was meinen Sie mit einer Arbeitsgruppeneinstellung? Der Zugriff auf Arbeitsgruppen ist ja wie oben beschrieben möglich, indem Sie als Namen den Namen der Gruppe in der Form /Arbeitsgruppe angeben.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Phred

Communicaton

Post by *Phred »

[Is there any chance that we could have English and German Android forums on this site? (Others?) Many people are not multi-lingual.
[Alternatively, could we have a policy that only English is used for Android, a creation of the English-speaking Googleplex? English is new new Lingua Franca (in spite of the irony.)]

Was the last exchange interesting?

I'm having great trouble with the LAN plugin, the latest, I believe, but I can't see the version.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Please ask a new question if you have a problem with a plugin, no need to check threads in German. Just describe what exactly doesn't work.
xperiazabletz

Unable to connect to my NAS

Post by *xperiazabletz »

Hello,
i am using TotalCommand since a long time. And now i bought me a Tablet (Xperia Tablet Z) and want to use TotalCommander also there to comfortable mount my NAS (DNS323) on it. I download your TotalCommander and also the LAN Plugin. But after i edit the configuration of my samba share i was not able to connect to it. I successfully checked the samba-share by mounting it on windows and ubuntu with the same domain/share, user-name and password. Also AndSMB runs correctly.

When i try it with the LAN-Plugin, there just popped up the  password dialog again and again.

configurations are:
Servername and folder (without the two leading slashes): 192.168.178.20/data
user: test
password:11111

I also try it by selecting the 'older NAS-Compatibility LMv1'-checkbox without any effect.

Is there a possibility to check the logfile? Do you have any other hints to try it with other settings?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here is the reply I sent by e-mail:

Unfortunately you aren't the first who has problems with the LAN plugin and a NAS. The problem
is that the library which is used by the LAN plugin is mainly meant to access Windows PCs and
current Linux distributions. The NAS devices often use very old Linux/Samba versions which
simply don't work any more with current LAN functions. There is a checkbox to access older
NAS devices, but unfortunately this also works just with a part of the NAS devices.

You may try a different file manager like ES file explorer or Astro + Astro SMB Module.
They have been available for a much longer time than Total Commander, and may
be able to handle your NAS. I don't think that logging would help me to find a solution
in this case.