FAQ File operations
- Can certain files be excluded from copying?
- Total Commander cannot access files containing certain characters like ALT-255. What can I do?
- Total Commander has problems to write to my CD-RW drive. What could be the reason?
- Why is the deletion of files so slow on Windows 2000?
- There is no longer a PIF editor in Windows 95. How can I change the settings of my DOS programs?
- Why can't I change the date of a directory?
- How can I easily rename a file? The current name of the file should be given as the default!
- Is it possible to use F2 for renaming (as in Explorer)?
- How can I split a file to a user-defined size?
- How can I format or copy floppy disks using Total Commander?
- How do I create a shortcut (lnk file)?
- How can I verify files which I have written to a floppy disk? Why isn't this done automatically?
- Although the recycle bin is enabled both in Total Commander and on the Desktop, Total Commander deletes the files directly.
- How can I print a file list, or import it into a different program?
- How can I compare one or more pairs of folders by content, e.g. after burning a CD-R?
- Error - could not rename the files shown in bold - What´s wrong?
Back to FAQ