Wrong program launched from CD bug
«Will be fixed with the release of Total Commander 7 Beta 3
The following preconditions must be met:
- Multiple programs (.exe files) with the same beginning of the Filename in the same folder
- Filename is longer than 8.3 characters
- The programs are located on a CD
Double clicking or pressing enter on a program with similar beginning of the filename results in launching the program with the shortest similar name.
- My Program.Exe
- My Program - Plugins.Exe
- My Program - Languages.Exe
No matter which of those three is double clicked, "My Program.Exe" will always be launched instead.
Delphi function "WinExec" needs to be called with a preceeding and succeeding \" in order to work correctly with long filenames that contain spaces.
- Shift+Enter / Shift+double click on filename (actually meant for starting a command line application without closing the output window)
- Ctrl+Enter, Enter / Ctrl+Shift+Enter, Enter on filename for copying filename to TC's command line and launching it.»
- Fixed in Total Commander 7.0 public beta 3
- 07.01.07 Fixed: Problems starting programs with similar names containing spaces from CD