Total Commander has two main configuration files: wincmd.ini and wcx_ftp.ini (these are default names which can be changed via the command line parameters). Also there are several minor files which contain some plugins' options.
This is the main configuration file which contains most of settings, except some plugins' and FTP client's options. Most of settings can be changed from dialog boxes. Very few settings can only be changed directly, either because they are not meant for the end user, or they are only a workaround to a specific problem.
For details, see Description of wincmd.ini settings.
This file contains settings for Total Commander built-in FTP client.
For details, see Description of wcx_ftp.ini settings.
This file contains settings for some Content plugins.
This file contains settings for some File-system plugins.
This file contains settings for some Lister plugins.
This file contains settings for some Packer plugins.
Configuration files default location:
- under Windows Vista: "%AppData%\Ghisler" folder
- under older systems: Windows directory
Location can be changed:
- using command line parameters
- in the Registry. It can be set either at TC installation time, or using the standalone program IniReloc (available at www.ghisler.com in Addons section).
- TC Plugins Manager - Plugin manager for plugins for Total Commander.
- TweakTC - Application to configure advanced options of Total Commander which otherwise would have to be configured by editing settings files of Total Commander directly. TweakTC refers to compatibility with Total Commander version 6.0x. So it may be unsafe/not useful to use with later versions.
- Ultra TC Editors - Package of tools for (advanced) configuration of different parts of Total Commander. Includes tools to edit main menu, start menu, history list, hotkeys, etc.
Back to Configuration